Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My professional confession


I will tell you the truth: I am preparing a competitive examination. In the Spanish State it is called "oposición". Is the examination you have to pass in order to become Public Servant. I've applied to be an English Teacher in any Public School in Navarra. What kind of school? In my case I am applying in any school where Primary Education is mainly thaught in Basque Language (euskera), but English is also thaught as a Foreing Language. It is going to be tough. First, I am relatively new English Speaker. My mother tounge is Basque, but I did all the school and High School studies in Spanish. After that I obtained my degree in Basque Filology (Basque Language and Basque Literature) in Basque. After several years of -mainly- autodidactic training, maybe I am able to teach English in a Primary School. But the thing is that most of the time I have spent working in my career I have not been focused in English Language (although I have used it as biographical resource).
In adition to that, more than 100 people are trying to get one of those 18 positions available in the Navarrese Primary Education System.
Let us see how it is going.
If anybody is reading this, I'll let you know. By the way, I would appreciate to notice me the mistakes I have commited in this text... You will help me in this long and exciting way of me, of ours.
Thank you very much in advance.

No comments: